MASK Prize is the unique competition with prizes for young people living in Africa
that ignites and celebrates their creativity and innovation.
Participants enter artworks and ideas free online in any medium in the categories: Under 15 y/o, Under 25 y/o, and Schools. Winners receive prizes totalling Ksh 300,000 at the Award Ceremony in Nairobi.
Established in 2013, the MASK Prize has attracted more than 6,500 entries from Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Mauritius, Nigeria, Cameroon and South Africa. More than 650,000 people has seen the exhibitions of the MASK Prize at the world- leading cultural institutions such as Nairobi National Museum in Kenya, Turner Contemporary and Saatchi Gallery in the UK, and the Library of Congress in the USA. Read more
"MASK Prize motivates us to be more creative and makes us better for it"
"MASK Prize experience was an absolute game-changer for my creative occupation"
"MASK Prize is the driver of change in our society"
MASK Prize is a "wonderful event", "lovely and amazing", "I gained a lot from the competition", "I urge you to continue inspiring us"
"Thank you MASK PRIZE for your amazing work and great effort
you put in to ensure growth and nurturing of creative talent in Kenya.
You are indeed the driver of change in our society."
Simon Wairiuko Kariuki, 24, Kenya
WHO CAN ENTER:
1. Anyone who lives in Africa and is 25 years old or younger
2. Any school, college, or university, whether state or private
WHAT YOU CAN ENTER:
Enter your inventive, original and experimental artworks or ideas on any theme or subject.
These could be:
Paintings, drawings, collages, prints
Digital/computer art, animations
Videos/films (any length) about your or your friends life, how you make your art, of you playing any musical instruments, singing, dancing, performing, reading poetry, or describing an entrepreneurial idea
Entrepreneurial ideas (novel ideas that can be put to practice to improve our lives)
Prizes worth Ksh 300,000 (Kenyan Shillings) will be awarded to winners
selected by Panel of Judges across categories:
UNDER 15 Y/O
UNDER 25 Y/O
HOW TO ENTER:
Enter any number of works free using this online
1. To enter, take photographs/images or video of your artworks or entrepreneurial ideas. For images - save them as JPEG file that is more than 300 KB and less than 4 MB in size; download the files in your ENTRY FORM. For videos - upload them to your Youtube account first; enter the Youtube URL links in your ENTRY FORM. If you enter entrepreneurial ideas, enter them as images or videos.
2. If you are 18 years old or over, you have to verify your age. Simply, scan or take an image of your ID card and enter it as an artwork. This is not nessessary for SCHOOL CATEGORY entries.
3. By entering you accept the MASK Prize Terms and Conditions
Do not hesitate to CONTACT US for help with the Entry Form or submission process.
WHAT IS CREATIVITY?
Creativity is our ability to generate and implement new, original, and innovative ideas. Creativity can be also called innovation, inventiveness, resourcefulness, ingenuity, imagination, insight, outside-box-thinking, initiative, value-creation, vision, individuality, risk-taking, personal effectiveness, bringing change, and optimization.
All content on this site is subject to copyright © 2017 MASK. All Rights reserved